Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Have not made good on my goal.....

The goal to update my blog every month that is. Wow, I cant believe how fast time is flying by and how busy I am. I thought once we moved into our house and got unpacked and settled things would slow down a bit but they have not so far. It has been a good busy though. We have had Caydens birthday, Ally's birthday and most recently my sweet husbands birthday! We have had 5th grade graduation and parties and awards and preschool parties and awards and violin recitals and baseball games and tournaments and trips to Ruidoso, Az and Albuquerque. Whew, makes me tired just repeating it all. It has been a great few months since we moved into our new HOME. We have enjoyed watching the owls that live in a tree just off our driveway, we may enjoy watching all the people who come to look at the owls even more, ha ha. We have LOVED LOVED LOVED having a pool. I am so glad my hubby was a "pool guy" when we got married and he knows how to take care of the pool and teach me what to do as well. Although, I much prefer watching him take care of it then doing it myself, what can I say I have a HOT husband. I have always loved swimming, from swimming on city teams as a  child to swimming in highschool to swimming in triathlons to swimming on the Masters team here (to prepare for triathlons), I have always loved it and was so excited to have one for our kids to enjoy all summer long. That being said, our little man Grady did not know how to swim. Every other house here does not have a pool like my home state Az did and the community pools here leave alot to be desired. They are nice and pretty new but whoever built it thought our city was about a quarter of the size it is, they are both tiny and ALWAYS crowded and not to mention PRICEY, so we haven't swam a whole lot since living here. So, I figured he needed to learn. I had all the confidence I could teach him but figured he would do better in a class setting and with his little friends so I sent the word out with his church friends and preschool friends and before I knew it I was booked solid (unless I wanted to spend my WHOLE day in the pool) which takes away the joys for my kids of having a pool. I was having to turn people away and I thought to myself, maybe I should have charged a little more, ha ha. So I am in the middle of Session 2 of lessons and LOVING it. Sure sometimes it is draining and exhausting and I get a headache when I have "criers" but it is worth it. I am teaching 18 kids right now and so many of them came to me with BIG fears of going under the water and HATED the first couple days of class and now are doing amazing and LOVE to swim, it is very rewarding. I have one child inparticular, whose name I won't mention, that has gone from totally freaking out when he had to put his face in the water to now telling me that one day he is going to be an "underwater swimmer" and jumping off the side by himself and having to remind him he has to tell me if he is going to swim out away from the steps. It is so great and Grady is also doing awesome. He still doesn't want to swim on his own out in the middle of the pool, although he can, he jumps off the side and gets to the step and he loves to swim around on the steps by himself and he floats really well too. I am really proud of him. I hope to have some pics of lessons soon and will post along with pics of birthdays and baseball and preschool and other fun things. I promise to post pics soon and infact was going to tonight but am too tired to walk downstairs and get my camera and come back up, pathetic I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment