Monday, February 28, 2011

Cruising, Funeral and Moving

Well this month has been crazy busy. Travis's sweet Grandma Rowley passed away about 3 weeks ago. She was the most AMAZING woman I know. I hope I can be like her when I grow up!

We also went on a cruise to the Bahamas stopping in Key West Florida and a privately owned island called Cococay! This was a work trip, meaning Travis had to sell X amount of cabinets in 2010 to earn this trip. He of course being the amazing man he is sold that plus some. I will do an entire post on the cruise once I get our pictures for it.

Lastly, and what this post is really about is that we are moving AGAIN! I feel like I just did this, oh wait I did, about a year ago.  We have been renting this last year not sure what our future plans were going to be. We were pretty sure they involved moving back "home" or to our home state. Turns out that is not part of the plan for us, at least not right now. Last October we walked through an open house for a home in a neighborhood we LOVE. Just downt the street from where we are renting. It was an amazing home with alot of potential. It is outdated in alot of ways, but nothing we cant fix. Most importantly it has everything we need/want. 5 bedrooms, beautiful brick home, with a POOL! Yes, finally my wish is coming true! We couldn't be happier except that this means we are NOT moving home, at least not now, and that does make us sad. We feel this is the right decision for our family and we do like it here alot its just not the same as living by your family but our little family is strong and relies on eachother and I love that. There is so much work we are doing at the "new house" that include new master bath, including making an entire new shower (the one there now is tiny), new master closet and my own whole little section with vaniy and cupboards and drawers, LOTS and LOTS of paint, flooring, drywall changing the entryway, a pool fence and lots more. So, needless to say there will be many pictures to come of before, during and afters.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am happy for your new move and NEW POOL! Yeehaw! If you weren't so flipp'n far away we would probably wear out our welcome by coming over to swim. ;) You guys are going to make that house amazing. You both are such hard workers and have incredible taste. What a neat experience for your family.

    I am realizing that the path that I was on is completely different than the path that Heavenly Father knew I needed to be on. They were both good but to learn the things I need to I needed to go down a different road. Everything I have experienced lately has NOT been in my 10 year plan. ;) Maybe your experience of staying in NM is a little the same. Not exactly what we want but sometimes it's what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need you to take a break from all that painting and dewallpapering (totally not a word) and post pics from the cruise. I wanna see some. Please and thank you, your little sis

    ReplyDelete